Time: 1.00pm - 3.30pm
Date: Thursdays, 22 April to 24 June
Where: Castlemaine Community House
Instructor: Maddie Hudson
Let Community Lunch extraordinaire, Maddie Hudson, guide you through this practical cooking & sustainability course!
Participants will learn to cook without waste while examining the stages and resources involved in getting food from the paddock to our plates. Topics covered include:
- Zero waste cooking & how to get the most out of your ingredients.
- Practical tips on how to reduce household waste.
- Climate change and food systems.
- The role of water within the food system.
- The food supply chain, mapping and food waste.
- Global food trade and Australia’s food industries.
** Also interested in the Saving Money, Energy & the Environment course? Community House is offering a discounted rate if you enrol in Saving Money, Energy & the Environment and Zero Waste. Call 5472 4842 for more information! **
Date: Thursdays, 22 April to 24 June (10 sessions)
Time: 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Cost: $80 (Full) / $60 (Concession or Early Bird Discount. EBD available until 12 April)
Facilitator: Maddie Hudson
Madeline Hudson is the Community Lunch Cook in Castlemaine and Maldon. She is also currently co-ordinating the Community Kitchen Garden at Castlemaine Community House and facilitating the Zero Waste Cooking course. Madeline is a passionate advocate for supporting local food systems, and has a background in environmental activism.