Conducted by an Australian Tax Office trained and accredited community volunteer, Tax Help is a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns.
The volunteers can help you lodge your tax return or amendment online or claim a refund of franking credits.
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you didn’t:
- Work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- Run a business, including as a sole trader
- Have partnership or trust matters
- Sell shares or an investment property
- Own a rental property
- Have capital gains tax (CGT)
- Receive royalties
- Receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- Receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
Appointments are essential, please call (03) 5472 4842 to book.
When: Thursdays (August – October)
Time: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.